Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bring on Spring!

It is a wonderful thing that today, March 19th it was SUNNY!  I had my windows open and everything.  In fact, I noticed that soon I will need to mow the lawn (again).  It has been a LONG, SLOW winter for me.  I have always loved the rain but this year it got really old!  On days when it didn't rain all day...it just was overcast, gloomy & gray!  Yuck!

I am looking forward to planting my garden, putting in stepping stones out to Dusty's dog run & laying down some concrete into a mold to form patios in areas that either don't grow anything or are inaccessible by mower.  I need to weed my flower beds...I love that activity!  It is always cleansing to mind & spirit as well as the flower beds! 

In a little over 2 weeks I will be packing up my kiddos as well as my friend Kelli and her kiddos into Big Bertha and heading to my sister Holly's in Utah!  I miss my sister and look forward to our visit! 

Then in just under 2 months we are loading our whole family on an airplane and heading to Washington DC for Daniel to walk in graduation from U of Maryland (online college) with his MASTERS in Software Development Management!  The fantastic thing about that...we have lots of my Daddy's family there and we get to visit them for 10 days!!!  Yay!  This adventure in our lives is really coming to an end or to a new beginning if you will!

So, bring on Spring!  I canot wait!

4 comments:

  1. Bring on Spring for sure!
    I am with you in the weeding!
    And SO excited for your visit. Tim and I made plans on what needs to be done before you get here. We have lots on the list!
    I am off for a week and can't wait to cross things off my to do list!
    Enjoy Utah! Wahooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to bring my whole family! It will be so much fun. I sure hope my younger ones will remember! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gag! What happened to the sunshine?? I am so flippin tired of the rain!!

    But your spring sounds very exciting. :) Helps to have something to look forward to, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Min your younger ones will remember more than we did cause their entire life is documented in photos, unlike ours. So they will see the photos and have a "photo memory!"

    ReplyDelete