Sunday, November 21, 2010

* * * Let * it * SNOW!!! * * *

Today was a big day for our family.  First off, our Bishop was released.  Our new Bishop is a wonderful man. He is kind and loving and genuine.  He thinks of others before himself.  He serves the Lord diligently.  He is an amazing person.  I am proud to call him my husband.  Yes, our new Bishop is Bishop Grove.

On our way into church today with my heart racing and my palms sweating...it started to SNOW!  If you know me at all you know that I LOVE snow!!!  It made today all that much more sweet. 

When we got home I bundled the kids up and sent them out to jump on the trampoline and play in our snow.  As NW snow does not last long and they had been so good and begged very nicely I decided to let them go out in it. 

Let me just say that my dog was none too impressed.  He is a princess.  He does not like his paws being wet...or being wet at all.  But he did try to explore which was fun.  Mostly he barked at the kids while they jumped.

I have many, many things to be grateful for.  I am thankful for a loving husband who does all he can to choose the right in his daily life as well as spoil each of us.  I am grateful for four gorgeous children who are all so sweet, loving and forgiving of their mother's short comings. 

May God bless all of you at this amazing time of year as we reflect on our lives and our many blessings.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What an honor and a burden! With school so close to done, I hope all fits in. You too have been called Mindy, you are now the bishops widow! No husband to sit with, no husband to help get the children to church, he will already be there.
    Mostly Congratulations! (I think!) and may the lord be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I'm surprised. :) I know that he will be a blessing to your entire ward. I love Daniel so much! He'll be great, and so will you. You will make it through all the challenges and come out on the other end refined. Loves to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am feeling pretty cozy in my position as I have had Daniel be on the High Council for 2 years & then a counselor in the Bishopric for the past 8 months. The kids and I are used to sitting alone and not seeing a whole lot of him on Sundays. I am truly blessed to have such a good man as my eternal sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Bishop! I'm glad for the blessings that heaven will pour out on you because of your husband's sacrifice and service in the Lord's church. The saying that you gave Robel's missionaries parents, is the same statement that I will tell you now. Your husband's sacrifice of his family will ensure that other's will spend eternity with theirs! Bravo! I love and defend you both dearly!

    ReplyDelete